DEPENDING ON THE PURPOSE OF TRAVEL, THERE ARE FOLLOWING VISA TYPES:
TRANSIT VISA APPLICATION SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Document confirming the nature of travel is transit (such as a visa to the third country if it is required, a ticket etc);
- Document confirming the nature of cargo and the nature of vehicle passengers is transit;
- License for international transportation services issued by the competent authority in the host country.
SHORT-TERM VISA APPLICATION SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Standardized invitation of a person or entity issued by the regional body or by the state division of the Immigration Service of Ukraine;
- Invitation from the ministry, other central executive authorities, state institutions, enterprises or organizations;
- Document confirming family relationship with a citizen of Ukraine or a foreign citizen or stateless person that has permanent or temporary residence permit (such as a marriage certificate or birth certificate);
- Certificate of the Person of Ukrainian origin and his/her application along with the results of the interview with the Ukrainian diplomatic or consular staff and evidence for Ukrainian ethnical descent or Ukrainian origin of the foreign citizen or stateless person. The spouse and children of the Person of Ukrainian origin, if traveling and staying in Ukraine together, have to submit an application and provide documents confirming family relationships;
- Document confirming that the nature of travel is tourism in accordance with the Ukrainian Law On Tourism;
- Invitation from a Ukrainian medical treatment facility;
- Document confirming that the person is a co-founder of a joint venture or a company (firm, association etc.) representative and that he/she travels to Ukraine to monitor the performance of contracts;
- Confirmation from the Committee on Humanitarian Aid of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on the entry of the foreign citizen or stateless person for the purpose of providing humanitarian aid or charity;
- Invitation from a duly registered religious organization attested by the Ministry of Culture, for short-term stay in Ukraine for religious matters;
- Petition from the head of a foreign mass media for a foreign correspondent or representative of a foreign media who travels to Ukraine for short-term stay to perform his/her professional duties;
- Petition from state authorities of foreign states or international organizations;
LONG-TERM VISA APPLICATION SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Duly certified copy of the permit to engage foreign workers or stateless persons issued by the State Employment Center or issued on its instruction by the Employment Center of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Regional City Employment Centers, Kyiv City Employment Center and Sevastopol City Employment Center;
- Copy of the Immigration permit obtained from the Regional Authority or Division of the State Migration Service of Ukraine;
- Permission from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine to obtain visas for family members of a person who has a refugee status in Ukraine;
- Original standardized invitation for study. For applications submitted between August 15 and November 15: Lists from the Ukrainian Center for International Studies that are submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine (provided that on the list there is information regarding the foreign national or stateless persons). Outside this period of time, a visa request from the Ministry for Education, Science, Youth and Sports of Ukraine is required.
- Invitation from the state institution, enterprise or organization that is a recipient of international technical aid;
- Invitation from a duly registered religious organization attested by the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine to work for a religious organization.
- Invitation of the branch office, divisional office, representative office or any other structural cell of a duly registered foreign public organization (Non Governmental Organization).
- Invitation from a duly registered foreign representative of a foreign business entity attested by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine;
- Invitation from a duly registered branch office or representative of a foreign bank attested by the National Bank of Ukraine;
- Confirmation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine regarding registration of the passport or travel document of a foreign correspondent or representative of the foreign media and his/her family members;
- Foreign government’s petition for diplomatic and consular staff, or staff and representatives of international organizations who enter Ukraine long-term to perform their professional duties, and for their family members;
- Other documents if required by International Agreements of Ukraine.
VISA DURATION RULES
The duration of a foreign citizen’s or stateless person’s stay is indicated in the visa sticker. The total duration of stay in Ukraine for foreign citizens and stateless persons: Transit visa and short-term visa are valid for no more than 90 days in a given 180 day period from the date of first entry.
If required, the authorized staff may ask a foreign citizen or stateless person who is applying for a visa, for an additional interview and any additional documents to clarify the purpose of traveling such as:
- Documents confirming booking or payment for accommodation, payment for food in Ukraine;
- The host party’s letter of guarantee that it undertakes all the expenses related to the foreign citizen’s or stateless person’s stay in Ukraine and exit from Ukraine;
- Other documents proving that a foreign citizen or stateless person has sufficient funds for the expected stay in Ukraine and for a return to the home country or for the transit through the territory of Ukraine to a third destination; or a lawful way of receiving such funds while staying in Ukraine;
- Documents demonstrating the foreign citizen’s or stateless person’s intentions to leave Ukraine before the visa expires (such as tickets, bank statements, confirmation of employment, real estate documents, family relationships etc.)
Foreign citizens and stateless persons may submit their short-term visa application during three months period prior to the planned trip. The competent authority will make an appropriate decision within 15 calendar days from the date of submission of the visa request, visa application and supporting documents. Decisions can be extended to 30 calendar days in the case of further investigation. Personal interviews are held for first time applicants by the staff of the Diplomatic Mission of Ukraine except for cases determined by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine. Foreign citizens and stateless persons have to submit a duly filled and signed application form. Persons whose details are endorsed in the passport of the foreign citizen or stateless person have to submit a separate application form. The application form of a minor must be signed by a parent or a legal representative.
Passport or Travel Document Requirements:
- Must be valid for at least three months after the declared exit date from Ukraine. In case substantial grounds are presented the said requirement may not apply;
- Must have at least two spare pages;
- Must be issued no more than ten years ago.
For the processing of visa applications for minors: a parent’s or legal representative’s permission, other necessary documents for a minor’s independent exit and travel overseas or provision for exit with a parent or legal representative will be additionally verified. In case of refusal to issue a visa, a foreign citizen or stateless person may reapply under the current legislation of Ukraine.